Tuesday, November 9, 2010

How do I get ClearCase to make an archive of a subdir of snapshot as it was at an earlier revision?

I'm not particularly experienced with ClearCase, so if my terminology is incorrect please let me know.

In Git I can run the command:

git archive -o /tmp/dump.zip $SHA_FROM_THE_PAST path/to/dump

I want to do something similar in ClearCase.

The ClearCase repository contains two branches: main and snapshot_foo.
snapshot_foo branches from main at some point in the past.
What I want is a dump of all the files as they looked at the time the snapshot was first created.

I understand that there is no 'global' state identifier like there is in Git; in AFAIK, in ClearCase each element is versioned individually, so there will not necessarily be a one-to-one equivalent to that command.

I've thought about creating a new snapshot starting at the same point in time from main, and just copying what I need from that, but I am bewildered and confused as to how I would go about it.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment